Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Cookie Cottages

Sometime last week while blog trolling I came across a link to these cookie cottages from Martha Stewart. For the life of my I can't remember what blog I saw it on, even after re-trolling in search of it. I've never made a gingerbread house before, so this seemed like these graham cracker structures would be just as fun, but a bit easier. I asked Josh if he'd have some holiday fun with me and he said sure. During our grocery shopping on Sunday we picked up supplies, including some pre-made royal icing at Central Market. That night we set up shop at the dining table, turned the Christmas carols on and got to work. This was such a fun and easy activity! We have plenty of icing and some grahams and candy decorations left. I'm going to pick up a few more supplies tonight and we're going to make some houses to deliver to friends this weekend. What fun we'll have! It barely took us an hour to make these and that was our first time so the rest of them should be a breeze. I think this will definitely become part of our holiday traditions, at least till I feel like tackling the big real deal.

Josh's Cookie Cottage Jessica's Cookie Cottage

Josh's cottage left, my cottage right.

0 comments: