Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye Good Year

Despite my current illness, and the rather rough bout of depression through the summer, 2008 has been without a doubt one of the best years of my life. Here are just a few of the things that make me feel that way.

-Wonderful trip to Manhattan: Ellis Island, Pizza @ John's, Central Park, and 59th street bridge
-Marking 10 wonderful years with Josh
-My first jazz concert: sublime!
-Participating in the political process: caucusing, delegate at District 10 convention, and voting on a cheery election day morning
-Fun visits to the Amon Carter and Kimbell Art Museums
-Trying 4 new restaurants and finding a couple of favorites
-Getting more exercise: walking and pilates
-Eating better: Start making salad for us throughout the week, try more vegetarian recipes
-Making new friends and finding old ones
-Cruising along on our second wedding anniversary: lazy day on the beach, hiking Mayan ruins, good eats and good times
-Saving over $18K this year!
-House-hunting: maybe depressing at times, but a marker of a new phase in our life
-Celebrating with friends their weddings, birthdays, new births, etc.
-Supporting Josh in his new job that he loves
-Accomplishing half of my New Year's Resolutions
-Feeling positive about the year to come

Very much hoping that 2009 will be very jealous of this list and set out to top 2008! I'll share my new resolutions in the new year. Right now I'm hoping I'll be feeling well enough to drag myself out of bed to go by the party being thrown by Josh's bosses and then to the DeMeglio casa party.

0 comments: