Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Shiny and New

Sorry for being MIA. I've just been busy worrying about house stuff. But so far so good and we should be closing tomorrow. I'm worried about the weather possibly postponing things, but I haven't heard anything yet. We've contacted the utility companies and I've been compiling a list of tools we'll need and projects to tackle right away. And last night I ordered our refrigerator, washer and dryer. I can't wait to have a big refrigerator! I chose one with a bottom-mount freezer, because I hate bending over to try and see what is in the fridge, especially on the top shelf. And we both agreed that we would go ahead and spend the extra money while we have it for the stainless steel one. We will probably want to update the kitchen in a few years, so it made sense to us to buy a more updated refrigerator now than later. I hated to spend a lot of money, but I know that I needed to make the investment now in an appliance that would last and not be outgrown too quickly. That doesn't mean I went whole-hog though. I personally would have preferred the freezer drawer, but I couldn't quite justify spending the extra $200 plus just because I'd like it more. So, it's just the plain old swing-door for me. I'm sure I'll survive. ;)

0 comments: