Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Smile

Yesterday I really needed to exercise. I hadn't in...well, awhile. I'm still taking the stairs up in the morning and down when I leave, but that had been about the extent of my physical activity. So when I got home from work yesterday I was determined to make myself do something. I just couldn't muster the energy to do all my silly crunches and lunges. The thought then occurred to me that I might take a walk. I loved walking around our old neighborhood, chocked full of cute bungalows. I hadn't been very excited about exploring our new neighborhood yet. But yesterday I changed clothes, popped my ear buds in, and hit the pavement. Within a minute of being on the street I realized I had a huge grin on my face. I was filled with joy for walking! I truly enjoy walking and never realize how much I miss it until I finally get my butt out the door again. It helps that the extreme heat seems to have broken- our 10 day forecast doesn't have a triple-digit in sight! And I was able to really appreciate our new neighborhood too. A lot of cute houses, nice yards, and pretty plants. I so often spend time thinking about stuff from the past that I don't enjoy the things in the present. I should enjoy my new neighborhood from now on, instead of regretting leaving my old one. I got some exercise, sun, relaxation and a little personal improvement- not bad for 30 minutes, huh?

1 comments:

Michelle said...

this post made me smile!