Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Catch Up

This past weekend can be summed up in a few words. These words are- fun, family, friends, cleaning, cooking, recuperating, and Rock Band. Friday and early Saturday were all about party prep, and then before I knew it it was time for our friends to start arriving. I had a moment of panic once all the food was on the table- what if no one comes? Funnily enough that idea hadn't occurred to me before then. And luckily it proved not to be true, as within an hour our house was filled to capacity. I was so happy that so many of our friends came to see our new home, and over the moon to have my sisters there with me. And after all the party people left, I got to sit outside and have good girl talk with them while Josh cleaned up all the mess. That's some kind of double luck or something. Sunday was all about recouping. Lots of laying around and playing Rock Band while we ate party leftovers. We've been eating leftovers since the party. I realized that one of the things you learn after throwing your first party is what you over and under estimate on in the food category. Next time more cheese and less veggies. The biggest hit of the party? The cheese ball, I'd say.

Unfortunately, the luck left me as I woke up Monday morning with a sore throat and am just now back in the office today. I feel increasingly that sticking a couple of skewers in my ears and twirling them round might be a good idea, just to scratch that unreachable itch and irritation that is engulfing my head, throat and chest.

Now that the party planning is done, the travel planning takes it's place. One week until we head to Cali to visit Diggy!

0 comments: